What You Should Know about European Roulette
European roulette or a single-zero roulette is a famous and amazing casino game. This variation of the casino roulette game has similar traits with American roulette, but at the same time has some specific characteristics. Both of these roulette variations are played at online casinos. Besides, there you will be able to find some other roulette games.
Principal Idea of the Game
The player needs to predict the winning number in the European roulette. So the task is to guess where the ball will land (in what sector) after the spinning of the wheel.
European Roulette Wheel
European roulette wheel is similar to the wheel in the American roulette. The great difference is that European wheel has only a single zero when in the American roulette there is a single zero and a double zero. The numbers are placed in an accidental order on the wheel. The European roulette wheel has 37 numbered sectors (1-36 and 0). These pockets are of two colors - red and black, zero-pocket is green.
Roulette table consists of two types of betting fields: outside and inside. You can place there outside and inside roulette bets. There are some maximum and minimum betting limits on each table. The player can place any bet he/she wants, but can't place bets after the dealer's words "no more bets".
The players' inside bets should be not lower, than the table minimum. Zero is in the inside bet square. There are few variations of the inside bets. Among them - straight up bet, split bet, street bet, line bet, corner bet.
- Straight up bet is a bet, placed on a single number. In this case the payout is 35 to 1.
- Split bet is a bet on two adjacent pockets (payout is 17 to 1).
- Street bet - is a bet on a row of three numbers (payoff is 11 to 1).
- Line bet - is a bet on two street bets (payoff is 5 to 1).
- Corner bet - is a bet on any of the four adjacent pockets.
As inside bets, outside bets should be not lower, than the table minimum either. There are a few variations of outside bets.
- Dozens bet -3 squares of such combinations: 1 to 12, 13 to 24, 25 to 36. The payoff is 2 to 1.
- High and low bet - is a bet on low numbers (from 1 to 18) or on high numbers (from 19 to 35). The payout is 1 to 1.
- Odds and even bet- is a bet on even or odd number. These bets provide the payoff 1 to 1.
- Color bet- is a bet on black or red winning sectors (payoff is 1 to 1).
There is an "En-prison rule" in some casinos. This rule means that when the ball lands in 0 pocket and a player has placed the even money bet on black/red, even/odd or high/low, the bet can be left for the next spin of the wheel, or a half of the bet can be taken back, whereas the other half is lost. If the ball doesn't land on zero slot the player has his bet back without the payoff. This rule offers low house advantage for even money bets (1.35%). The difference with the La partage rule (which exists not in all roulette variations) is that the gambler loses half of the bet and can't put the bet "in prison" for the next time.